Laminar is enabling data protection teams to move at the speed of cloud. A well capitalized, Series A funded startup with top tier investors Insight Partners. Top notch technical team and experienced functional leaders. The SaaS platform is agentless and asynchronous and allows data to flow at the speed of business without security getting in the way.
Be one of the first on the ground to build out a stellar marketing team. Build a lasting brand that sparks innovation, trustworthiness and fun.
Director of Corporate Communications will be the chief steward, communications strategist, and internal evangelist for our brand story. Own and drive corporate branding and messaging, AR/PR/influencer relations, social strategy and tone of voice, our corporate collateral and major events presence, awareness campaigns (e.g. brand advertising), and other reputation-building programs. The goal will be to increase overall brand visibility (awareness), vitality, and relevance across diverse stakeholder groups, including internal teams, buyers and purchase influencers, customers and end-users, and prospective and current employees. Build a team. Develop and drive your program working directly with executive management.
- Develop strategy for media relations, analyst relations, social media and brand communications
- Create a messaging framework that ties to relevant societal, technology, and media themes
- Write press releases, bylines, blog posts, and other key pieces of content
- Lead the identification, development, pitching and placement of stories in top-tier business and financial media worldwide, in print, digital and broadcast outlets.
- Managing press opportunities through to completion – including staffing interviews, developing background bios, briefing executive spokespeople and tracking through the publishing process.
- Effectively and seamlessly manage PR agency as part of the marketing team
- Review messages for all social media content globally, ensuring quality control (and attention to potential cultural sensitivities).
- Develop a roadmap for the social media program based on data and insights and oversee implementation and measurement as it rolls out. Managing appropriate crisis response via social media.
- Serve as consultant to internal departments and helping executives build their social media influence.
- Build our global social media strategy: Dream big on how to better empower users to become influencers based on referral marketing and word of mouth principles.
- Translate social media data into actionable insights for our digital content strategist (to ensure the most compelling digital content possible).
- Create metrics to measure success and impact of corporate marketing
- 5+ years of experience in corporate marketing, preferably at a high-growth B2B technology company
- Experience with PR, AR, social marketing and communications/brand
- A consistent track record of pitching and securing top-tier press
- Natural storyteller who can take complex topics and make them easy to digest
- Strategic problem solver; intelligent and creative
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and interact with key internal stakeholders including executives peers, as well as external analyst and media partners
- Sound business judgment; knows what makes compelling press work
- Well-informed about innovative practices in PR, AR and social media
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, or Humanities preferred