Laminar, a fast growing startup, backed by Insight Partners and based in Tel Aviv, is looking for a Sales Engineer.
Laminar is the first data security platform built for the cloud. Our solution connects seamlessly into the cloud provider accounts, discovers and classifies all sensitive data, and monitors and protects the crown jewels that are stored within the cloud. We are introducing a novel approach built upon deep technology in order to solve the cloud data security problem.
At Laminar, the Solutions Engineering (Sales Engineering) team play one of the most critical roles in the company - “the fuel for the Laminar fire.” The Solutions Engineering team will be pivotal in helping customers understand data security in “the cloud,” the Laminar value proposition, solution architecture, product functionality and how it will help protect their business. The Laminar Solutions Engineering team works closely with Sales, Engineering, Product Management and Marketing to bring its intimate customer/prospect knowledge to add value to all aspects of our company. At Laminar, there is no role more exciting or valuable!
- Energetic presenter – you enjoy having a discussion about prospects technological needs and challenges.
- Natural conversationalist – you can find a way to connect with other humans about common interests.
- Incredible teammate – you can build relationships and find a way to identify gaps, communicate effectively and be part of the solution.
- Effective communicator – you know what information to share, who to share it with and when to share it.
- Self-starter – you can “paint your own picture.” You do not need someone to fit the puzzle together for you. You identify the pieces you have, the pieces you need and you execute.
- Tirelessly curious – you always strive to understand “the why.” When faced with a concept or technology that you’re not familiar with, you take the time to research, analyze and understand because it’s how you roll.
- Participate in sales conference calls and prospect visits, providing product demonstrations in person and via Zoom, and working with prospects at both a technical and business level to show how Laminar’s solutions can provide value to them.
- Partner with the Sales team to communicate where Laminar is today and vision of where we’ll be tomorrow.
- Partner with our Marketing team to provide technical expertise during key events (e.g. tradeshows, webinars, etc).
- Partner with Product team to translate prospect need/pain into use cases & features to drive product roadmap.
- Work independently and as a vital member of a sales team.
- Work with the sales team to strategize on sales approaches to develop business.
- Drive Proof-of-Value (PoV) process from inception to close.
- Translate customers’ business needs into feature/value combinations and build a plan to demonstrate that value.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Sales Engineer or similar security focused IT roles.
- A strong problem solver with the ability to come up with creative and innovative solutions to problems you have not encountered before.
- Experience selling B2B SaaS solutions
- Experience with Cloud / AWS / Azure Hosted Environments
- Experience Selling IT Solutions into MID/LARGE Enterprises
- Preferably, a B.Sc. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, equivalent work experience, or technical certifications.
- Excellent written, oral communication and strong interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Able to effectively present technical material to small and large groups
- Requires 30% travel availability and flexibility
- Must have access to a functional location to host Zoom conference calls with presenter video-enabled.