Laminar is enabling data protection teams to move at the speed of cloud by delivering the world’s first Cloud Data Security Platform. A well-capitalized, Series A startup with top tier investors Insight Partners, TLV Partners and SentinelOne. World class technical team and experienced functional leaders. Our cloud-native SaaS platform discovers, prioritizes, secures and monitors your sensitive data in the cloud.
Be one of the first on the ground to build out an incredibly talented marketing team. Build a lasting brand that sparks innovation, trustworthiness and fun.
As Creative Director you will lead the evolution of Laminar brand design and vision for all creative expressions of the brand from digital, print, campaigns to sub-brands to global events. Starting as a team of one and building a team over time. You bring progressive design instinct and bold vision to the table. You think holistically about brand experience. You are a proven innovator who thrives on delivering elegant and succinct creative solutions to complex briefs. You will be comfortable determining the future state of the soon to be globally iconic brand that is Laminar.
You are an awarded Creative or Design Director who works collaboratively, thinks conceptually and strategically about campaigns, branding and design. You have a passion for continually exploring the edges of brand expression to memorably impact culture. You have an exceptionally high standard of brand design practice, and you know how to keep things fun!
You will work collaboratively across brand, product, content and integrated marketing teams through a variety of media while also managing and growing your team.
This position can be remote anywhere in North America.
- Report directly to the CMO
- Own the Laminar brand including brand book and style guide
- Oversee the design strategy and creative direction of brand, product and content marketing campaigns.
- Lead development of Laminar design practice, with a focus on evolving our visual brand design system.
- Develop original, breakthrough creative and design for a variety of marketing and brand experience touch-points.
- Design and maintain web, print, event and presentation content.
- Work across functions, balancing the needs of partners and break down complex narratives into simple, compelling ideas.
- Empower and energize an outstanding creative team through developing programs and forums for mentorship and expertise.
- Develop and manage a team of freelancers and eventually in-house experts
- Source and hire best-in-breed creative talent
- 7+ years of experience.
- 3+ years experience with each web, print and event/campaign design.
- You have a strong desire to build and nurture diverse teams and nurture diverse perspectives.
- Exceptional design and art direction background.
- Able to represent design vision and philosophy.
- Ability to think clearly and contribute to editorial discussions and strategy during the entire design process, from concept through completion.
- Phenomenal brand development track record
- On time and on budget delivery of all major design, marketing projects
- Have experience in building an in-house creative team