Discover and Control Sensitive Data in Multi-cloud Environments
Data Governance teams stop chasing people to find out what’s going on and instead start chasing resolutions.
Challenges You Face
While developers and data scientists have free reign to capture, copy and manipulate sensitive data in public cloud environments, data governance teams have lost visibility much less control over data in the cloud.
Unknown Data Assets
Lacking programmatic discovery of data assets, the full range of data assets is unknown.
The sensitivity of the data types are not discoverable without manual investigation.
Lack of Context
Context such as asset owner, usage, and application dependencies is not known due to turnover or gaps in documentation.
Pace of Change
By the time the data assets are investigated, the list is already out of date.
Cloud Data Governance with Laminar
Laminar is the first in market with a cloud data security platform that enables strong data governance for everything you build and run in the cloud.
How Data Governance Teams Work With Laminar
Cloud Architecture teams are able to efficiently support multiple groups with Laminar
Laminar’s operations are fully automated and provide an up-to-date depiction of the organization’s cloud data in real time.
- Discover all data: Discovers all data assets used in the cloud continuously in real-time.
- Classify the data: Classifies data and identifies PII and PCI automatically.
- Prioritize by risk: Prioritizes data assets that pose a high security or governance risk.
- Provide actionable context: Provides actionable information including data owner, history, and application dependencies.
- Highlights Inactive data: Highlights inactive data that may be deleted or archived.
- Recommends remediation: Recommends remediation such as encryption or quarantine.
Data Governance Teams
With Laminar, Data Governance teams stop chasing people to find out what’s going on and instead start chasing resolutions.
- Monitor usage: Monitor real-time cloud data usage and trends even in multi-cloud environments using Laminar’s dashboards.
- Understand data assets: Understand each data asset in detail from the information presented by Laminar in drilldown windows and reports.
- Achieve cloud hygiene: Ensure that assets are in conformance with the organization’s policies.
- Investigate: Tag the data per the organization’s guidelines (using the organization’s tools or via API integrations).
- Tag if desired: Leverage Laminar’s capabilities to produce reports for non-compliant data assets.
- Request Action: Request IT or Development take specific actions such as encrypt based on Laminar’s recommendations (manually or via API integrations).
- Save budget: Save the organization’s budget by eliminating expensive cloud data that is no longer needed (via the cloud’s utilities).
Cloud Level View
With Laminar, you have a single, consistent view of your cloud data across clouds, geographies, and organizational boundaries.
Control Data Movement Consistently
Data movement is controlled with consistent security, governance, privacy, and compliance.
Validate Compliance with Current Reporting
Compliance is continuously assessed and reporting is up to the minute.